Friday, September 28, 2007

two in one.

This time last week as I was leaving my dorm room I slammed my finger (middle finger on the left) in the door. it hurt like the dickens. now today I have whacked my same finger on the other hand on a chair, it got really swollen and purple. I thought it was fractured so I went to the nurse and she told me that it wasn't (thank goodness!). but she did tell me to keep my hand upright with ice on it and take some ibuprofen. I haven't done any of that yet, and that was like...6 hours ago. hmm.
Aside from a jacked up finger things are pretty jammin right now. the nudey class is going very well thus far, I have actually learned a lot about drawing proportionally and such. that's about all I can say for that. the way my teacher has taught us the material leading up to drawing with a live model really made it easy to draw from a live model. we started with drawing the skeletal structure, then we drew muscles on that, and now the way we handle the live model is just taking it from the point of view of drawing a skin layer on the muscles. so as I am drawing it is very easy to draw from the mind set of just drawing bones and muscles with skin on it. I haven't looked at any of my drawings outside of class and today I looked through my portfolio and was shocked at the drawings in it. I didn't feel like I drew all of the people in it...it's bizarre.
I will soon post some pictures of my art (the G rated version) and my photography. the photography stuff is going great, I have some amazing pictures and my professor is really pleased with my work. that is fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Glad you're learning to draw naked people, Suz."- That was John's comment.

You're doing such a great job at life, Suz. Way to go! Sorry about your little hand getting beat up. That stinks. John was tossing me around today and his hand landed on my hair..well, it actually pulled a chunk of it and it burned really bad. I was afraid I was going to go bald. haha. He felt horrible. I was trying to convince him he could play rough with me (kind of like you guys would do on the trampoline), but I'm not so good at it. I always get hurt. Anyways- I like the Montevallo nurse (the lady with dreds, right?).

I like you too!!

Anonymous said...

By the way, you need to update your photography blog. It is lacking some updates!!