Tuesday, September 25, 2007

fire!!!

I was most rudely awakened at 3:00 A.M by this horribly scratchy buzzer sounding thing. I rolled over and then out of bed and walked around in the dark for a moment [what in the world?? who has their alarm set for 3 in the morning???] I stumbled around some more with no purpose as to where I was going. Catherine moaned and asked what was going on, I didn't care to know so I told her I was going back to bed. right as I was getting back in bed though, she told me I should check things out. once again I removed myself from the warmth and safety of my covers and walked to the door. when I opened it I realized that it was a fire drill and we were supposed to be going outside. Catherine and I stumbled down the stairs behind a few other girls and made our way into the cold street. we sat there and laughed at the fact that we were all sitting outside in the middle of the night and that so many people looked so rough. What we didn't know at the time is that when there are fire drills the RA's go around inside and check the rooms and make sure that all the girls are out and they know what is going on. there is also a rule here that says that guys can't be in the dorms past 12:00 A.M. while we (all the girls) were sitting outside waiting for the alarm to go off we noticed a person coming down the stairs. it was a guy all alone. basically all the girls busted out laughing because someone had got caught with a guy in their room (which meant they would get written up). the guy came walking down the stairs then kept on walking to his dorm has the girls all laughed uncontrollably. that must have been so embarrassing for the guy. I felt kind of bad for him.
anyway! we finally got to go back to bed...and all was well. point of this story:
I don't like fire drills.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea..fire drills are never fun..unless you have people to laugh at ; )

s. wells said...

i hated those things.