Friday, July 17, 2009

on a regular basis

I'm ready to start work. 
Joe and I have been talking about this past month together and both agree that it has been wonderful not to work because this has been the first time we've been able to spend consistent time together without having to travel, get ready for graduation/weddings, pack...things like that.

I have been offered a job at the seminary for Production Assistant, but am still considering wether I want to accept it or not. I have also applied for a staff position as a Hospitality Assistant, which I think would be getting students connected with the seminary and other students. It's only 20 hours a week but pays 9.00 an hour. the other is only 7.25 an hour and 15-20 hours a week. the IT people have been kind enough to give me some time to accept the work offer in order to check out this other job. The production assistant job would be nice because they promote from within, I would have more opportunities to shoot events, I would be able to use my bachelors some, and I would be learning a lot about programming/ just getting to work in an office environment. BUT...it is minimum wage and not as many hours. so....I don't know.

Since Joe and I have been married I have had the joy of discovering more about his characteristics. I have learned that if he is left alone any more than 20 minutes he will start singing something, anything. I believe he is a walking ipod. I love it.
He is also hungry all the time, I'm still trying to get used to that.

I'm loving being married. I'm learning more and more how to serve and be served (which is actually hard when I want to do everything myself).

God has been providing for us in this down time without jobs. We are so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Sarah W K said...

i vote for the production assistant.

patrick is also hungry every minute of every hour. boys need food!

i'm glad you are learning to love your husband and that you are enjoying him. it's fun to "watch"- thanks for updating so often!

sarahwells said...

i agree with Sarah, production assistant. you will benefit more in the long run. of course g-mother does not know every thing. i do know i love you, and so so happy for you.