Wednesday, July 15, 2009

News

I have fallen out of connection with the blog for a while because Joe and I have done so much traveling the past two weeks (which really feels like the past month). Joe and I went to Alabama to go to Mobile, Luverne, Prattville, Dothan, Luverne, Troy, Prattville, and finally back here. In that time Joe was in two weddings and we visited with friends and family. 
Something I realized while visiting was how important the investment in people is. The more I thought about it the more I decided that I would rather invest my time and life in another person than in a career. Joe and I enjoyed a long visit with the Jackson family (which is like his second family), I enjoyed the meal, laughter, and conversation we shared. We also spent a lot of time with his family and mine. Those are always special times. Joe was making fun of my math skills one morning at breakfast and he had dad laughing so hard he was crying. Although I didn't really appreciate the jokes, it was hilarious.

Since we've been back Joe and I have gotten back into the routine of....ok, we don't have a routine, but whatever. I had an interview today for a production assistant, but in the interview told them I was kind of waiting to hear back from another job I applied for. I don't know if that was the smartest thing, but it was the honest thing. The interview team was understanding and willing to work around my other possible job as a hospitality assistant (making sure new students get connected with campus life and other students). 

In the mean time, I am working hard on creating a web site and editing photos for the web page. It will be up soon. If any one needs pictures taken, I am available.

Thats all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am so so so glad you are back on the blog!!g-mother