Saturday, January 13, 2007

A crowded mind for such a nice day.

For the past 30 minutes or so I have been sitting on the computer looking at the various web pages that I am involved in. I went to check my mail and the news headline caught my eye "two missing boys found alive". Since I don't have much to do (other than study Economics, Biology, Computer Application, Psychology, Music Appreciation, practice piano, eat, and clean), I figured I would scope it out. Now, I have never really had any great feelings towards the whole new industry. I get tired of just hearing about the junk that happens these days, as Bill Johnson said "good news just doesn't sell." and that saddens me. He (Bill Johnson) also said that there was a magazine once who just sold stories of good things that happened, but that didn't last long because no one would buy it. Anyway! getting back to my point, I read this "The boys were found in the home of 41-year-0ld Michael Devlin, 41. He was arrested Friday with one count of kidnapping." hmm, Department of redundancy department.

Another thing my morning venture on the internet has brought to my attention is the hilarious way the people on myspace talk to each other. I was reading some comments and saw how people would say things like "since you commented on my picture, I had to comment on yours" and things like "If you want people to comment on your page you have to comment to them first" and yet another that said "I don't understand why no one will comment me! I comment to people all the time, this is stupid!"
I laughed. it's like..... well, it's just stupid.

3 comments:

s. wells said...

i comment on your blog all the time, therefore, you will wash my car and name your first girl child after me.

after all, the reason i comment in the first place is to obligate you without your knowledge to a subservient attitude towards me and every incognito online dating account i manage. (that being myspace and facebook.)

let's face it. all this myspace/facebook stuff really amounts to is the occasional disappointing date that results from the overwhelminingly obvious "single" in the relationship status broadcast by both.

news people should really proof their newcasts, really.

on to june said...

what is truly funny is how people communicate. period. myspace provides us with a means of communication removed from what we think of as "real," so that, when placed in the context of this "real," its idiosynchracies become glaringly apparent. communication within myspace is just a microcosm of our culture's overall communication protocol. Etiquette is relative.

Bekah said...

You're right, it is stupid.