Tuesday, April 29, 2008

company

After much thought I have decided that I would like a turtle to accompany me back to school next semester. Catherine and I have talked a lot about getting a fish and sharing it. As we have had those conversations in the past I had terrible flashbacks to when summer and I would catch little tadpole things down at the pond and be so excited, only to find them all dead the next morning. As I grew older and much wiser I upgraded to buying goldfish. And again I would find myself sorely disappointed when I would walk in the bathroom in the morning and find my sweet little friend floating belly side up. I remember the stench they would put out when I failed to clean the tank for a while. So, that is why I have abandoned the fish idea. I am getting a turtle.
As of right now, I am neglecting to study art history or health and wellness in order to search for where to get a turtle and how to take care of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are toooo funny! Have you thought of any names yet?

s. wells said...

your extensive research sounds like time well spent and i hope it yields good results.

Anonymous said...

suz! i was just looking at pets-mart to buy a new fish! i kept remembering our fish bowl in the bathroom and how i never wanted to look at it because i was always afraid of seeing another dead fish. now i've decided to move on in life and get over my fear! so when i get home from Japan i'm buying another fish. looks like we've both learned something from our fish(es) when we were young.