Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Series of Fortunate Events.

Ladies and Gentlemen-

I was reminded today as I poked my cold broccoli around on my plate that good days and bad days are all in the head really. Well, all in the way you look at things.
let me give a background to what I am talking about-
I went to my 3-D Design class this afternoon and listened impatiently while people droned on about their projects. I finally presented mine and for the first time wasn't shot down about my idea. That is happy news. And I got an A on my project...which reminds me, I need to put pictures up of that soon. Anyway, I was preoccupied for the majority of that class with all the things I had to do or didn't do already that was supposed to be done. And also my advisor was dragging his feet about registering me for classes and made me miss my opportunity to take a specific one (Film Art and Theory), so needless to say I was little ticked, and left class early. that brings us back to the cold broccoli. I realized that it wasn't really that big a deal, and that it was all in my attitude as to if my day was 'bad' or 'good'. I decided that if I didn't get into that class that it would be ok, and I would just take my easy semester and be happy. As for all of the things that have to be done, I made phone calls, and made lists and found that there wasn't that much to do as long as I didn't mess around. I found that after that my thoughts changed dramatically and I wasn't feeling as bad any more (plus I had time with the Lord, and that always helps). I e-mailed my advisor and asked if we could meet about my plans for graduating. I don't want to come to the end and have one class that was overlooked and have to stay longer. So, a few hours later he e-mailed me back and said that he got me into the class that was closed before, and that we could meet soon. I am glad I didn't waste time being really upset about that whole class thing :0) yeah. plus I have come up with an awesome idea for my next 3-D project.

so next semester looks like-

History of Art
History of Ancient Art
Film Art and Theory
Studio Photography
Spanish Conversation
Racquetball...oh yeah.

1 comment:

b. wallace said...

A. I like the title.

B. I like the first sentence.

C. You are like Jesus in that you grow in wisdom, but you're unlike him in that you don't appear to be growing in stature.

D. You are dear to me, and I love you.