Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rest is soon to come.

I lay on my bed staring out the window. I'm supposed to be studying Spanish or Art history but my mind is wandering around somewhere in the near future. I turn two pages over and look out the window again. This isn't working, so I grab my Art History notes. I look at two trying my best to remember the facts I have written the day before. I stare out the window again and muse.
I love how finals cause me to stop a moment in the midst of chaos to think about deep theological issues, or just what I am doing with my life. In an attempt to escape my studies, the only place my mind finds refuge is a place swamped with thoughts all trying to get out at once. Maybe this isn't a place of refuge, but at least I am not buried in the "Aesthetic Attitude in Romanesque Art".
I read in a book a few days ago about enduring through times of dryness with the Lord. A place I feel I am in the middle of. The writer states "Seasons not only break the monotony of sameness, they are necessary to productivity. Nothing can live in unbroken sunshine...Night is as important as day; the sun must be followed by clouds and rain. Nonstop sunshine only creates a desert". How right he is. I must be in a season of some clouds. I'm not saying that days are bad and I am struggling horrible, but more that I am being challenged to pursue God more than I ever have before, and challenged in every aspect of my life (at least it feels that way). In times of feeling deserted I know is when I should press in even more so to the Love and Faithfulness of Jesus. In every second I spend with the Lord I am being moved more so into a state of desperation for Him. The days that go absent of our time together is felt in the very core of my being. I settle into a place of quietness to seek Him and hear or feel nothing. I am learning to press in and endure. The shadows prove the sunshine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suz, I love your thoughts! Thanks for taking time to write : )

LOVE YOU!!

s. wells said...

you're learning some important life lessons. you have a maturity in your writing too- you're growing up into a beautiful young woman.
love-

Anonymous said...

but i want her to be MY BABY!!!
g m