Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hubba Hubba

I have learned over the past few month that as I drive I should maybe be not so aware of my surroundings. here is why.

Now this isn't the exact reason why, but it has a lot to do with my reason.

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from Wallace. totally minding my own business. I saw a woman in the distance walking to her mail box. nothing unusual there, but then I thought
[wait...does she have pants on??]. surely this woman walking out to the street to get her mail (on a busy road at that) would not go with out pants!!! [I must just be seeing things]. I got closer...
the woman was...large. [no way!!]...I get closer. [NOOO!!!] The woman had NO pants on! all she was wearing was a t-shirt!!!! (and underwear) but that doesn't matter, because she was large! and pant-less. I considered myself mildly scared.

so- I recovered mostly from that. and then another incident occurred. I was going to the church for practice, and I really needed to use the bathroom. I walked back behind the stage to where the bathrooms are, and quickly flung open the bathroom door (because they are slightly heavy, I pulled with force). to my surprise, there was a COMPLETELY NAKED 40-something man standing there. needless to say, I screamed, he screamed, I ran. I found out moments later that this man had just been baptized and was changing! Larry B. said I should have said "Hi! welcome to Harvest!" or better, he said I should have said "How's it hangin?" I was SO embarrassed. and I do not get embarrassed easily. I just don't understand why someone would not lock the door when they are changing!

I won't ever open a bathroom door without knocking again.

-Love me

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sawells,
I apoligize about our inconvenient meeting in the bathroom. I must say, you surprised me just as much as I surprised you. Thanks for the warm welcome to Harvest! I'll be looking for you in the weeks to come.
-The Man

s. wells said...

dear the suz,
i believe you are catching up with me on the embarrassing stories count. in fact, i believe with the story of the man in the bathroom at church, you have far surpassed any hope i have of maintaining my post as owner of most embarrassing stories.
i sorrowfully give up my title.
yours,
sarah

on to june said...

nice photo of the two auburn fans...

Anonymous said...

That's crude, John Moss!!!

Anonymous said...

It is all a matter of perspective. You open the bathroom door and see a naked 40+ year old man and you are embarressed. If I opened the bathroom door and saw a naked 40+ year old woman I would think: This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

A. Jones

LauReN said...

hehehehe!! thats so funny... that story will always make me laugh, tee hee!

anyways, i enjoyed being on stage with you this morning. i love your sweet voice, and i wish you could have had a mic, but God used you anyways.

i love you!!

Anonymous said...

A. Jones....

True.

s. wells said...

i've read this again and have decided that i like this line:

because she was large! and pant-less.

literary genius, suz.

Unknown said...

I don't understand why he has that shirt/how he got it.

Kait said...

Suz, you are pretty much really cool.