Thursday, April 19, 2007

The end is near.

I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have only one week left of regular school classes! (that is 4 days). And to my complete surprise, many of my teachers are going way easy on the exams.
Today I had barely prepared for my biology quiz and I walked in and was talking with the guys and our teacher told us we would have 15 minutes to study, but we all got into a conversation on who knows what. she got us to clear our desk and do all the stuff we usually do before quizes and then she told us to write our name on the paper, number it 1-10 and write 100 at the top. and that was it. we all just got 100's on our list quiz. I also found out that in order to pass that class with a C I would have to make a -47. and in order to pass it with an A I have to make a 51. and I am exempting the Final, but I have to take the lab final. I am happy about that.

With the end of the semester days away I am feeling the dreadful yet glorious feeling of 'a new chapter' in my life. I am a person who doesn't like change, yet love it when I adjust to it. I don't want to leave the days of walking from class to class with my dear friend and eating crackers from my teachers office and the long walks to my car with my friend by my side as we laugh and talk about whatever events had just occurred. yes, those are the days I will miss. but I have to remember that even though I am 'moving on' there will be so many great things to come!....right??
I went to Montevallo with mom last Friday and got myself mostly squared away for the fall. We met with the head of the art department and also the head of admissions. I felt that we didn't learn much, but mom said we did. I said ok.

The thought of moving away (even though I will be close to home) makes me really sad. (minus the part about I won't be home to get in trouble or anything like that). I am thinking I will be calling my sisters more often than I do now...I am sure that will like that.

oh oh! and I also found out that I will be able to graduate with my bachelors in Art in December 2008! (1 and half years). I am excited about that. and I will have my associates in...a week! yay.

Al Jones- I will be calling soon. I have been very productive. you better be working on your end of things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are putting me under intense pressure. Luckily, it just so happens that I praised you, in a round about way, on Sarah's log today. How exciting to be young and to be you.

A. Jones

Anonymous said...

Suz! I can't wait for you to start calling more and seeking the wise counsel of your sister again. No doubt you'd be getting in less trouble if you counsulted with the wiser ones than you (haha...I'm just messing with you..but I'd love for you to call more). I'm really really excited you get to go to Montevallo soon. It is great that you met with the head of the Art department. Whether you know it or not, that will totally come in handy as you get more involved in your degree. I can testify to that!

I love you and absolutely cannot wait to see you. We have so much to catch up on, not to mention a trip to Applebee's we have not made in a very long time! Ok. You better schedule me in to that busy schedule of yours! I love you and miss you. L-

Anonymous said...

Ok. so I woke up to this song going through my head. And I'm not even joking..this was my first thought for the day. Tell me if it rings any bells. "Any ol' thing will do for you, any ol' thing will do. A dirty ol' rag..." Yea.