Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm back!

Ok, I've been gone a while, but I am planning on getting back and updating this more often. 
In the past two weeks I have gotten married, gone on a cruise, packed up a moving van, unpacked a moving van, and now am living happily with my husband. 

Since we have been here in Wilmore we have worked very hard at getting unpacked, and were able to do so in less than 4 days. We've been looking for jobs and sitting around enjoying being married. Joe gets "cabin fever" and has to go outside every few hours, so we have started playing frisbee golf in the back yard. We have about 5 trees and a small barn in the back yard, so we make up courses to go in and play away. 

I'm enjoying our house so much. it is a lot larger than I expected, and the decorating is beginning to come together. I really enjoy cooking for Joe too, I don't know when that will wear off, but I so love getting meals ready and eating and cleaning together. 

He has exceeded my expectations that I had of him before we got married. He has always cared so much for me and helped me with whatever, or taken care of anything I need, but since we have gotten married, that has only increased. Some people said he wouldn't be like that, but he has. I kept him up all night two nights ago because I couldn't sleep. I heard a noise and it freaked me out, so he courageously got out of bed in the middle of the night to check on whatever it could be. I found out the next morning that it was my shoe rack in the closet that fell over. But all that night every time I sat up in bed or rolled over he asked if I was ok. His patience amazes me. I'm sure I have already driven him crazy a few times asking for things, but he smiles and does whatever I ask. 

We've watched tons of movies since being here too. I think all we do is eat, watch movies, and build things.

I'm ready to get a job and stop sitting around so much though. I've applied to tons of different places, but haven't heard anything back yet. Joe will be starting classes in August, and then we both will be taking classes in September.
We are both earnestly seeking God for his will for us in ministry, school, marriage, and whatever else may come out way. 

I haven't decided exactly what I'm going to get my masters in, but I have a semester or so to figure that out. For those of you who missed it, I got a good scholarship to Asbury, and am going in the fall.

I miss my family and friends, but wouldn't trade being here with Joe for anything. 

4 comments:

Sarah W K said...

hey! i was just wondering when you would update...see, isn't marriage fun!

joe is a good man.

annnndddd...i didn't know you got a scholarship! what are you going to study?

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing more than just eating, watching movies, and building things.

A. Jones

Suz Driver said...

No Mr. Jones.
I am being VERY productive.

ServantConnect said...

Yay, Suz!! We miss you too. So glad you are happy.

Laura