Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A series of thoughts occurred to me about a week ago that have kept me pretty occupied. This matter is this; I was thinking about Joe and how much I love him, and when we talk I enjoy expressing my love to him in words, and after a while I feel like I am repeating myself even though my heart wants to say more. In the same manner, as I have been praying lately I have been returning to speaking how wonderful Jesus is. I feel like I repeat myself in my prayers even though my heart wants to say more.
Given the two scenarios I began thinking about what they have in common and the thought occurred to me that the more time I spend with Joe and the more I get to know him, the more ways I find to tell him and show him that I love him. In the same way, the more time I spend with God and allowing him to speak to me, more of his character is revealed to me, and in that I have new ways to talk with Him and share my love and thankfulness. I grow most in my relationship (whether it is God or my future husband :0) ) when I take the time to know the character of who I am relating to, and in that I discover new aspects of their personality, I then have new way to show my appreciation, love and admiration.

1 comment:

Sarah W K said...

you will enjoy the parallels you find in your relationship with Joe and God. a good man shows what love and patience should be- it's great :)