Monday, March 9, 2009

brain break

I have been working in the art building for over 8 hours. my brain is about to explode.
Therefore, I am taking an intermission from my work in order to tell you about a revelation I had in the shower a few days ago.

Shower thoughts:
People who use the bathrooms in dorms usually do so according to their class. They don't know this, but I do. And anyone could see that it was true if they just watched.

The Breakdown:

Freshmen- The public bathroom is a new place ready to be explored by the curious freshman. She walks in and covers the toilet with toilet paper in order to be clean. She then uses the rest room and washers her hands like a good girl. She takes all of her clothes in to the bathroom when she takes a shower so she won't have to walk out in a bathrobe... or heaven forbid, a towel! She doesn't wear flip flops to the shower either. Her innocent little mind fails to understand that the bathroom rarely gets cleaned, and there are many undiscovered diseases lurking on the cold tiled floor.

Sophomore- Adjusting to the bathroom by now, she stops covering the toilet with toilet paper because it takes too long, and that was a stupid idea anyways. She still takes her clothes with her into the bathroom so no one will see her scantily clad. she notices other girls wearing flip flops and takes in into consideration.

Junior- with little time to even take a shower or use the bathroom, she never covers the toilet, and rarely washes her hands. she stops taking clothes into the bathroom because that is too much of a hassle. She does however cover herself modestly with a bathrobe when finished. When throwing trash away, she never aims for the garbage can but carelessly tosses the trash in the cans general direction. Who wants to pick up that trash so far down on the ground anyways?

Senior- Flip Flops are a must in the bathroom, and taking your clothes in there to change is not a good idea...they get wet and fall on the floor. They use a simple towel to dry and cover themselves. She begins to realize how stupid it was to miss the trash can and not wash hands, so she picks up the habit again. She never uses the first stall since that is where the freshmen opt to go and usually get pee...or other things on the seat. 4th and 5th stall are ideal.


*Please note that this is just a generalization.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby, you have got this all figured out. how long did it take you? where do you fit in this category?
g-mother

Sarah W K said...

those poor, cute freshmen- i used to be one of them. taking all my clothes in the bathroom.

Laura and John said...

I see you have learned one of the most essential things in life at Montevallo. way to go!

Suz Driver said...

I am the person who always wears flip flops, and I never take a changes of clothes into the bathroom unless there is a boy in my room. I usually just wrap up in a towel after my shower. and I do wash my hands after using the restroom, and on occasion I pick up other people's trash that doesn't make it to the can.

Rachel said...

I still take all my clothes into the bathroom... and it's right by my bedroom.

So does Gabe.

What's our deal?! Hahaha