Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the third dimension

Here are some projects from my 3 dimensional design class. The project was to take several flat planes, cut them out, and put them together to create one form. Here are three examples of some other student's work:


As for me, instead of building something and then placing it on a base, I decided to suspend it inside a frame. After weeks of cutting, gluing, painting, and being challenged by my teacher, this is what I got:





Everyone really liked the piece, and my teacher was suprised that I pulled it off and pleased as well.
I think I am in the running for an A.

7 comments:

on to june said...

wow! nice work!

The Drivers Journey said...

that looks amazing! i wonder how you tied that fishing line though?
haha.

Anonymous said...

wow suz. that's amazing.

Anonymous said...

A+++++++++

i want to hang it in my house one day,
pleeeezzzz!

-sb

Anonymous said...

p.s.

i LOVE your designs!

sb again

Silver Isatari said...

If one of my students ever does a project that awesome, I will by a sheet of shooting star stickers and plaster them all over the student's grading rubric.

Anonymous said...

Dude I was impressed with your classmates work...but yours just blows 'em outta the water!
William Joseph (did I spell Joseph right?)