Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Experiences

I am now at the end of day 2 of being an RA. The first night was horrific. I got in bed around 1 and then probably ended up only sleeping a total of 3 or 4 hours. I was woken up super early by a phone call. sat through 4 hours of a lady talking about nothing. ate greasy pizza. moved furniture for another RA. went to Johny Rockets for dinner (delicious) --Laura, it was a double meat burger. I felt like I ate an entire cow!-- came back to school and worked on cut-outs for the girls rooms for 2 hours. went to wal-mart and forgot the 2 major things I went for. went to get a shower and come to find only one stall works. the whole bathroom is sketchy looking because there is a light out, and that is creepy because of the darkness. I took a 5 minute ice cold shower and ran back to my room shaking because I was so cold. worked on name cards for the doors...and now I am sitting here. 12:33 a.m. I don't want to get in bed because I know I won't be able to sleep.
I decided last night that being in this huge building alone is like a really bad joke. it reminds me of those people who get paid to go stay a night in some creepy place alone. maybe my lack of sleep is due to being in a new room on a hall...alone... either way, I can't sleep now.
School will be starting on monday and I am interested to see what these classes will be like. As of right now I am enrolled in 3-D Design, Spanish 200 (two semesters in one), printmaking, Art History (The hardest class at Montevallo), health and wellness, so in total it is 17 hours. I am pretty nervous about the spanish class just because I am skipping a semester, and it is so fast paced. I am also a little nervous about the art history. from what I've heard, not many people make it out with an A. I guess I will just be working a lot.
enough of this worrying though. I'm moving on to better things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suz! I was laying in bed at the Farris Wednesday night and thought "I should have spent the night with Suz! That would have probably been my only chance..." Oh, what fun that would have been. I'm sorry your first days there were rough. I'm confident the semester will smooth out for you as you get things rolling and people show up. I love you and miss you!

Oh, and I can't believe you ate a whole cow. That is particularly nasty.