Wednesday, July 4, 2007

why we all need you.

Today my big brother came to town just to take me to breakfast! it was just the sweetest thing! ok, so he didn't come just to take me to breakfast, but he did stop by on his way to Birmingham and take me. I woke up at the butt crack of dawn...er...like 7:45 and we were off by 8:05. in his words "You fly, I'll buy". We hopped in the car and heading towards Dothan, our conversation carried us to many different places while Icarus Aquanaut played softly in the back. He showed me all they had down on their new CD and proudly showed me his face melting guitar solos. I was amazed. "I know him!!!" That's what I'll say one day. or actually even now! We went to IHOP (the pancake place) for a great meal. we spoke of life, love and other mysteries.
the more time I spend with him I realize that he is very wise. going into breakfast I was a little bit down due to some things going on here at home. but through conversation I was very encouraged. He reminded me again of God's love for me and how He only wants the best for me. He also reminded me to hold on the the hope that I have and continue to seek God and His will. on the drive home he quoted me this "do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit...Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
I was very very encouraged. I will make it!
I am grateful for John.


5 comments:

John-David said...

ok...this isnt a comment on your blog....im too busy talkin to u on the phone to read it.....so hers my first comment attempt

s. wells said...

john pretty much rocks.

Anonymous said...

I miss Ssom...but I'm really glad you got to enjoy him : )

on to june said...

i love the suz.

Anonymous said...

hey, john is great and all...we need to hear more from you. NOW!!!