Monday, March 12, 2007

New Orleans





Who knew that Benjamin Franklin was such a party guy?! It seems that he got in on Mardi Gras.








I have returned safely from New Orleans, and it was an amazing trip!
I had an excellent time (except for running head on into a tree and falling and getting soaked)

I think I played pretty good for the competition, but I was so nervous, I don't remember what it sounded like. I do know that after Damon (the guitarist for the other band) played a sweet solo the judge came down on him because he played his Gm7 b5 wrong.

and about running into that tree: We were at a rest stop eating lunch. David and a few of the guys were playing with the Frisbee and David called me to play with them. I hopped up and started running for David to throw it to me long, I was running as hard as I could to catch up with the Frisbee and catch. As the Frisbee was coming to me I was running still looking at it (not seeing where I was going!). all of the sudden I hear "Tree!!!" and then WHAM!!!! I ran straight into the tree. I hit the tree and fell down, it knocked the wind out of me bad. I started laughing (as usual) once I got my wind back, everyone thought I was ok because I was laughing. David ran over and one of the guys told him "she's ok, she's laughing" then david said "No! she's hurt! she laughs when she was hurt!". and let me tell you, that was so painful! I tried to hide it though. now it hurts every time I move, or breathe or anything.
I just wish that for all of the pain that I went through, we would have gotten it on video, because I am sure it looked hilarious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer, i would have loved to seen that on tape!! Reenactment?

s. wells said...

LOVE the new profile pic.