Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Long Pause, Deep Breath

I have neglected this blog for far to long.
Joe pointed out that according to my blog I am still flying over the gulf. Well, I am not.

I have been back at school for a little over two weeks now and classes just started yesterday. The first week back I felt a flood of emotions. I was glad to be back, but in the same moment couldn't wait to get away again. This is my last year here, and I want to cherish and keep each moment that I have, good and bad.
So, the first week back was mostly RA training and getting to know each other. I think I got to know a few people a little more than I wanted to.
The halls were empty and quiet. A little creepy, but relaxing.
Move in day was insane. On the first night the freshmen clogged 3 of the 5 working toilets. Despite the clogged toilets, I am glad to have girls running around the halls again. Last year I was an RA over about 16 girls, and this year I have 35 with three more rooms that will be filled after they rush. So, I will have a little over 40 after that.

There is something about this place that causes me to stop what I am doing and reflect on life. Maybe that is just me procrastinating, or maybe something else, but I am enjoying it.

My class schedule is pretty good this semester. My earliest classes are at 10:00. and I have them all afternoon.

I am expectant of the Lord to do great things this semester, and I am looking forward to growing in my relationship with Him and learning who He is more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you have stopped flying over the gulf ; ) Thanks for the update!

I <3 You!

s. wells said...

i'm glad joe convinced you to update- it was about time!

i hope you got my message today- i miss you.

Anonymous said...

finally. i've waited so long for you to update! i can't wait to hang out with you this weekend!